And just like that, with what feels like the blink of an eye, 2022 is all wrapped up and we are already 10 days into the new year... how time flies!
It has been a great year for us at Change Overnight. We have finally been able to welcome back overseas guests and have our business running back in a 'semi-normal' way after the pandemic.
But most importantly, we have managed to make a huge impact here locally in Launceston, Tasmania and around the globe.
Over the course of 2022, Change Overnight Hotel has provided:
- Freedom Centres - 147 children assisted through a short-term educational program
- Victory School of Hope - Sponsorship for 186 children for 4 weeks of education, including school supplies
- Jude's Village - 52 at-risk teen girls placed in a 3 week school program within our local community
- Be Hers - 200 medical consultations for survivors of human trafficking entering an A21 shelter
- The Good Shepherd Agricultural Mission - 28,810 nutritious breakfasts for children within the orphanage
- Tasmanian Land Conservancy - Purchase and protected approximately 1,620m2 of land in Tasmania
- Act for Kids - 210 therapeutic session for a child or family in need
- JCP Youth - 176 mentor sessions with an at-risk young person within our Launceston community
- Teach Her - 182 days of college education at a private university for an orphaned young woman
They are some pretty incredible figures! If you chose to stay and support Change Overnight Hotel this past year, we really hope reading this makes you as happy as it does us. We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year period. Best wishes for 2023.
- Peace, Your Change Overnight Team xo